Radium Crank Case Catch Can Kit FR-S BRZ
Radium Crank Case Catch Can Kit - Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ 2013+
An oil catch can is essential on a performance vehicle to protect the engine from elevated levels of crankcase blow-by accumulated from aggressive driving. Excess oil saturated air circulating back into the air intake stream can lead to degraded performance.
Unlike many catch cans on the market, this catch can features an integrated oil separator that accelerates oil condensation. This cleans the PCV gasses and reduces the oil build-up on the inside of the intake tract and intake manifold. The stainless steel filtration media is cleanable and reuseable.
BENEFITS OF A RADIUM CATCH CAN:
- Effectively raises the octane and increased engine performance from cleaner inlet air
- Prevents oil buildup in the intake or intercooler system walls, throttle body, intake manifold, etc.
- Excessive oil collection can be an indicator of a damaged engine.
- Lowers hydrocarbon emissions
- Capacity: 6 fluid ounces
- Height (without fittings): 5 inches
- Outside Diameter: 2.45 inches
FR-S / BRZ / 86 MOUNTING LOCATION
Radium engineers have strategically placed the catch can for compatibility with both Right Hand Drive (RHD) and Left Hand Drive (LHD) "86" model variations. Furthermore, it is also compatible with all current aftermarket forced induction kits. Mounting is done using factory holes. No cutting drilling or permanent modidification to the vehicle is required.
The "Crankcase Vent" kit mounts on the left side of the engine bay. This catch can runs inline with the 1/2" breather port. At low loads it experiences atmospheric pressure, but when the engine is at high load (WOT), this hose will experience vacuum and would normally be drawing unwanted crankcase vapors, unspent fuel, and oil sludge into the air filter intake pipe.
PETCOCK DRAIN KIT OPTION (please select from options above)
- Anodized -4AN O-ring barbed fitting
- Nylon ¼” barb mini ball valve
- 6ft high temperature rated 1/4" rubber hose
(This kit, sold seperately, can be used to remotely drain the catch cans without the need to unscrew the canister body.)
Product Reviews and Ratings
This product has no reviews at the moment.
Have a review for this product? Sign in to leave a review
|ALL - ALL||Subaru||BRZ|
|ALL - ALL||Scion||FR-S|