Garrett GT2871R-472560-15 Turbo Dual Ball Bearing (GT28R Upgrade) Opts
Garrett GT2871R Turbo. This is a Dual Ball Bearing GT2871R Turbo with T25 style turbo inlet with 2 sizes for easily customized turbo settings. Turbo is great for small displacement up to 2.2L and has super quick spool up time compared to other units. External physical size of the turbo is identical to GT28R so its possible to upgrade the current turbo up to 350 - 400hp without much modifications.
- Dual ball bearing design w/ Oil & Water Cooling
- Bolt on upgrade for S15 Turbo & GT28R & GT28RS
- Better Boost response than 743347-1/743347-2 turbo
- T25 Inlet flange ideal for small displacement engine
- Ideal for engines under 2.5L making up to 460hp
- Includes brand new actuator, bracket, and c-clip for hassle free install
- Wheel: 53.85mm w/ 76 trim
- Housing: .86 or .64 A/R
- Wheel: 71mm w/ 52 trim
- Housing: .60 A/R (GT28R Style 2 bolt inlet and 3 bolt outlet)
5.0 out of 5.0 based on 3 reviews
Have a review for this product? Sign in to leave a review
Mar 25, 2011
I love this turbo I had mine on for a little whiel now and it is better than my old hks gtrs turbo it hits mid range and very hard.. Now i have to buy another one though because last time my motor when some metal got in the bearings and killed it..... sigh It is a great Turbo though i still have faith in it.
Aug 15, 2010
Currently running GT2871R .64ar on my CA18DET and WOW at the power it makes. Spools about the same as the red top sr t25 I had but now WAYYYYYY more punch. Hits so hard and never lets up. Fuel is key with this turbo as it can deliver so much.
Apr 5, 2009
Have the GT2871R .86 a/r on my CA18DET. Upgraded to this from a GT28R and currently boosting 20lbs. The 2871R spools a lot slower and later than the 28R, but packs WAY more power up top. You definately want fuel and engine management upgrades. Takes a little getting used to switching from a earlier boosting turbo, but in the end, i think it is worth it.
Customers also purchased these items