ENGINE CONTROLLER PROCESSING POWER
There are 2 powerful processors at the heart of the Infinity EMS. The primary automotive MCU is a 200 MHz, 32 bit processor running a programmable-state machine on a real-time operating system. It features a full 32-bit floating point unit with a math co-processor. Translated into Millions of Instructions (or ‘thoughts’) Per Second (MIPS), it is able to process 400 MIPS. The average aftermarket EMS has less than 50 MIPS processing power. A secondary 20 MHz automotive MCU is also included for intelligent on-board power management and future peripheral I/O growth.
Infinity uses the latest printed circuit board (PCB) manufacturing processes for Ball Grid Array (BGA) and Quad Flat No-Lead (QFN) components. Its PCB size is roughly 5.5” x 5.5”.
The Infinity EMS is constructed using automotive-rated components designed to withstand the harshest racing environments, and it features an advanced wear-leveling strategy for flash memory to ensure a lifetime of reliable performance. The enclosure and connectors are sealed and suitable for engine bay mounting.
InfinityTuner USER INTERFACE SOFTWARE
The Infinity’s user interface software, is optimized for speed and performance with super high-resolution 3D graphics, and features user-selectable control types for custom layouts. An ECU Setup Wizard takes complex calibration setup work and simplifies it through a smart interface. The Infinity’s data logging playback mode allows for calibration editing and all controls are synched to the logged data. This allows you to edit calibration data exactly where you need to and minimize your tuning time.AEMdata, AEM’s new advanced data logging analysis software is also included.
AIRFLOW MODEL BASED CALCULATIONS
Infinity system base models are airflow based and feature various modes for calculating air flow. This eliminates many of the lookup and trim tables (Correction Tables) which are necessary in previous generation ECUs.
Infinity’s model based systems calculate an engine’s requirements in real time based on an advanced engine control model. The development environment used to generate the models in the Infinity EMS does not require the developer to write code.
ULTRA-HIGH RESOLUTION FUEL CONTROL
The Infinity EMS calculates injector pulsewidth in units of 1/10th of a microsecond. There are 1,000 microseconds in one millisecond. A millisecond is a lifetime to the hardware on this unit. This is fuel control resolution to 0.0000001 second.
ACCURATE IGNITION TIMING UNDER ANY CONDITION
The Infinity EMS has NO practical crank tooth resolution limit. Infinity’s software continuously calculates engine acceleration in between the teeth edges to predict accurate firing locations even under the most adverse conditions like high compression cranking and high engine acceleration rates. The Infinity EMS’s back-end timing code is tested to 100,000 RPM.
LIGHTNING-FAST DATA LOGGING
Infinity’s logging feature supports 2 different file systems depending on the required logging performance. A standard FAT file system will support 10 channels at up to 1KHz, 20 channels at up to 500Hz or 100 channels at up to 200Hz. For even more performance, a custom file system option will support 100 channels at up to 1 KHz using a high performance USB flash drive (not included). The Infinity includes a 4GB USB memory stick and the user can replace this with up to 64GB. Additionally, the user can also log direct to the PC at up to 500Hz when connected.
AEMdata DATA ANALYSIS SOFTWARE
AEMdata provides an advanced interface for viewing the log files generated by the Infinity EMS.
DUAL INTERNAL WIDEBAND CONTROLLER
A 2-channel Bosch wideband controller is built into the Infinity EMS. Closed-loop heater control is automatic and designed to optimize sensor performance and reliability. Full diagnostics software is included to ensure reliable operation.
FLEX FUEL COMPENSATION
The Infinity’s core control model is designed for flex fuel compatibility. It makes automatic adjustments for ethanol content and applies them to fuel flow, ignition timing and boost target (ethanol content sensor is sold separately).
The Infinity has the ability to run two separate fuel types simultaneously through staged fuel injection. This can be done by simply specifying the fuel type for each injection stage in the set-up wizard.
DUAL KNOCK SENSING
Dual knock signal conditioning circuits reside within the Infinity EMS and allow for precise measurements of knock levels. The Infinity can utilize both Piezoelectric and Flat Response type knock sensors.
A powerful input simulator feature is included that allows the user to simulate input channels to the Infinity EMS. By simulating operating conditions users can validate tuning changes before running the engine.
REAL-TIME ADVANCED DIAGNOSTICS
The Infinity EMS includes advanced sensor and I/O diagnostics, including current monitoring and feedback. The Infinity’s diagnostics software constantly monitors signal and current quality to alert the user of a potential issue before it creates the potential for engine damage.
INTEGRATED ENGINE PROTECTION STRATEGIES
Engine protection strategies are incorporated into the Infinity EMS. Available strategies are based on boost fuel cut, fuel pressure (injector flow compensated for variations in pressure, sensor required), oil pressure, RPM (rev limiter), coolant temperature, knock control with feedback and lean protection.
Infinity uses the latest in high speed USB technology (up to 480 Mb/second). It features a fully-sealed IP67 connection system (Ingress Protection rating for total dust protection and submersion between 15cm and 1m) for PC communication and logging to a USB storage device.
Infinity is AEMnet enabled and will communicate with another AEMnet-equipped device and output to 3rd party dash/logger devices (not all 3rd party dash/logger devices may be supported).
INFINITY EMS TECHNICAL SPECS
- Up to 12 peak and hold injector drivers
- Up to 12 (0-5V) ignition outputs
- 3 analog temp inputs (Additional 3 with Advanced Tuning Package)
- 11 analog voltage inputs (Additional 6 with Advanced Tuning Package)
- 7 digital inputs (Additional 1 with Advanced Tuning Package)
- 4 VR/Mag differential pair inputs (Additional 2 with Advanced Tuning Package)
- 12 configurable outputs (Additional 1 with Advanced Tuning Package)
- Variable cam control (up to 4 cams, application dependent)
- Dual internal wideband controllers
- 2 H-Bridge drivers for drive-by wire (Application dependent. Requires Advanced Tuning Package)
- 32 Bit, 200MHz 400 MIPS primary microprocessor
- 20 MHz auxiliary microprocessor
- 6” L x 6” W x 2” H (1.125” H w/o connectors)
- 24 Ounces/680.4 Grams
- 129 pin, fully-sealed IP67 spec ECU enclosure and connectors
INFINITY EMS FEATURES:
- Compatible with most factory and performance aftermarket sensors
- Includes start up configurations (supported applications only)
- ECU set up wizard
- User interface features 3D graphics
- Internal simulator
- USB 2.0 High-Speed communications
- Tune using USB communication port (optional weatherproof extension cable sold separately)
- High-speed USB data logging to mass storage device (4GB included, tested to 64GB)
- Internal data logging playback mode on every channel, synchronized with all controls
- AEMdata data analysis software included
- 2-Channel CAN included
- Runs on Windows-compatible software
INFINITY EMS CAPABILITIES:
- Airflow model based calculations
- Fuel control resolution to 1/10th of a microsecond (.0000001 sec)
- Multi-fuel capable
- Flex fuel compensated – fuel, ignition and boost with blend
- Open-loop fuel pressure compensation
- Ignition table, 20x20
- VE airflow table, map vs. engine speed, 20x20
- Configurable coil dwell (RPM, voltage and load based)
- Individual cylinder ignition trim (RPM based)
- Individual cylinder fuel trim (RPM based)
- 3D ignition trim maps (coolant and air temp)
- VE-based engine startup
- Real-time sensor diagnostics
- Integrated engine protection strategies
- Dual internal wideband controllers
- Target Lambda table, 10x10
- User adjustable charge temperature blend (CLT/AIT, engine speed dependent)
- O2 lean-out protection
- Electronic boost control (time based or target based)
- Idle control (stepper and pulsewidth)
- Programmable traction control, 2-wheel speed or engine acceleration (4-wheel speed with Advanced Tuning Package)
- 2-channel adaptive knock control
- 2-step programmable launch control (3-step with Advanced Tuning Package)
- No-lift shifting (Requires Advanced Tuning Package)
- User configurable soft-cut rev limiters
- User configurable anti-lag
- Single stage wet or dry nitrous control coming soon (3-stage with Advanced Tuning Package, coming soon)
Product Reviews and Ratings
This product has no reviews at the moment.
Have a review for this product? Sign in to leave a review